What is the difference in Life Coaching and Therapy?
In therapy you focus on mental health and emotional healing. Usually in therapy you are working through things in your past, such as trauma, grief, past life changes. With holistic life coaching we focus on the present and the future, with the goal of setting and achieving goals.
- Therapy discusses the past and how it is presented in your present, life coaching focuses on the present to create the future you desire.
- In therapy you focus on mental health and emotional healing, in holistic life coaching we focus on setting and achieving goals.
- Therapy is about healing, while life coaching is about achievement.
- Therapy is focused on understanding, while coaching is about action.
- Therapy is about treatment, while coaching is about transformation.
- Therapy is about happiness, while coaching is about deep joy from within which touches the soul.
Having a therapist does not mean you shouldn’t have a life coach or vice versa, it is very beneficial to work on both, that just means you are working on both the past and the future. And wow wouldn't that be amazing to heal your past and create a beautiful future.