As July begins, we have 6 months left in the year. It’s time to evaluate your New Year Goals and maybe even create new ones.
I love to take inventory of the first 6 months of the year and see what needs to be adjusted. Are you on track with your yearly goals? What do you need to do to stay on track for the second half of the year? Did you give up on your goals and you need to refocus on them now? Or is it time to create new goals?
Making new goals is also a great option because 6 months is a good amount of time for goals to be achieved. Think about it, how much debt can you pay off in 6 months, how much money can you save, how many miles can you run, how many healthy meals can you eat, how can you reduce stress, how can you grow your business?
Make a list of your top 3 goals in the next 6 months and write down what you need to do to achieve them and how you will track your progress - daily, weekly, and monthly. You are 42% more likely to achieve your goals if you write them down! So YES WRITE THEM DOWN!
Now the hard part – sticking to them! This means you might have to say no to things and people but just remember your future self will thank you. You set your goals for a reason and now it’s up to you to achieve them.
Here are some ideas for 6-month goals:
- Workout every day for 30 mins
- Mediate every day for 10 mins
- Read 10 pages a day of a nonfiction book
- Save $10, $25, $100 a week for the rest of the year
- Don’t buy any clothes for the next 6 months
- Run consistently for the next 6 months
- Grow your business
- Try something new and focus on it for the next 6 months
- Start doing yoga
- Start a daily gratitude practice
- Meal prep your food every week
- Declutter your house one room at a time
- Train for a race – 5k, 10k, half marathon, full marathon
- Do daily affirmations
- Take a cold shower every day
- Drink 1-3 cups of green tea every day
- Add more fruits and veggies to your daily food intake
- Stop eating sugar
- Stop eating gluten
The list is endless, and will be different for everyone, the important part is picking what you want too accomplish, what can you do for the next 6 months to make yourself proud?
If you would like some help coming up with your goals and how to accomplish them please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org