I know usually when you think about diets or eating healthier, you think about restrictions and what you should eliminate from your diet, but this week let’s do the opposite let’s ADD things to our diet. I tend to believe it’s easier for people to add then to subtract things from their diet. When people feel restricted, for example, no carbs, no sugar, no soda, etc. they tend to have a harder time sticking to it.
Throughout the week try to add these to your daily diet to start creating healthy habits.
- Add one more piece of fruit to your day. If you already eat fruit add one more serving. If you don’t eat any fruit just add one apple, banana, handful of grapes, pineapple etc. to your day.
- Add at least one cup of green tea to your daily beverages! Green tea has so many health benefits just adding one cup can improve your health (more than one cup is even better), it can decrease risks of many diseases, helps with heart health, boost your immune system, and improves your skin and so much more. Organic Green Tea https://amzn.to/3mgEWZN
- Add more water to your day! Most people think they drink enough water but they truly don’t. Aim for a gallon a day of water…. That is 128oz. If you currently don’t drink a lot of water start slow and increase your oz daily. You will be amazed by how much more energy you will have when you are hydrated! It is also great for your skin, it flushes out toxins in your body, prevents headaches and so much more. I find it easier to drink more water when I have a larger water bottle. I have one of these in my office and at home! https://amzn.to/3Yg2qfe
- Add one more vegetable to your day. Just like adding one more fruit, if you already eat veggies daily add one more, if you currently don’t eat veggies daily add one serving a day. The best vegetables to eat are fresh but if you must eat frozen ones before canned. Vegetables have lots of vitamins, they are low calorie and most of them have a lot of fiber that will help keep you full.
- Add Omega -3 fatty acids to your daily menu. Omega 3 helps reduce inflammation in your body, helps with heart heath and can improve mental health. Some easy items to include in your diet are walnuts, berries, salmon, broccoli, spinach, chi seeds, winter squash, pecans, and beans. One great way to get omega 3 into your diet are putting seeds in your smoothies or yogurt. These organic super seeds is an easy way to do that. https://amzn.to/3KFXoFp
- Add one to two ounces of dark chocolate to your diet every day. Yes, you heard me right I said add chocolate to your diet… but it’s not just any chocolate it is must be dark chocolate that have at least 70% cocoa content, the higher the better. If you can, organic is an even better option. Dark chocolate with a high content of cocoa has many benefits, including improving heart health, brain function, reduce risk of diabetes, reduces stress, and slows signs of aging. Here are some delicious chocolate bars. https://amzn.to/3KJVAeS
Adding these things to your diet should feel easier than restriction yourself or telling yourself “I am not going to eat….” Try to add one thing a day and by the end of the week you will have added everything. This is a great way to start building healthy habits around what you are eating.
Example of how to add these items into your day:
- When you get up in the morning drink 16oz of water before you do anything else.
- When you eat breakfast add a piece of fruit and a glass of water.
- Between breakfast and lunch add a cup of green tea
- At lunch time bring tomatoes, carrots, celery, or peppers to eat with your lunch. Also drink water with your lunch.
- After lunch when you need a little snack, eat some pecans and walnuts and another 16 oz of water.
- After dinner enjoy one or two ounces of dark chocolate.
As always, if you enjoyed this blog sign up for our weekly newsletter at thejoy-box.com